- Soil type: Sand, Loam or chalk moist but well drained
- Flowering time: May-August
- Ultimate height: 1.5-2.1m
- Ultimate spread: 1m-1.5m
- Exposure: tolerates exposed sites and partial shade
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Great cut flower and dries well
Echinops bannaticus The Giant is a rare for of echinops, an herbaceous perennial with incredibly tall upright growth habit and striking tennis ball sized flowers. A really hardy plant that suits most conditions preferring not to sit in waterlogged soil. It carries thistle like spiky spheres of silver turning to light blue flowers which the insects love complimented by green foliage. Drought tolerant once established.
- Cut back untidy foliage and stems after flowering.
- Propagate by division, root cuttings or seed
- May need staking
- Can be prone to aphids
All orders are picked and despatched on a Tuesday. We use the Royal Mail 1st Class Parcel service to minimise the time plants spend in their packaging. The delivery charge for addresses in the UK is £7.95. Please call us before placing orders for delivery outside of the UK.