- Soil type: Sand, Loam or chalk moist but well drained
- Flowering time: July-September
- Ultimate height: 0.80m
- Ultimate spread: 0.30m
- Exposure: tolerates exposed sites
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Great cut flower and dries well
Eryngium planum ‘Blue Glitter’ is a perennial great for flower borders. A really hardy plant that suits most conditions preferring not to sit in waterlogged soil. It has branched stems with clusters of deep blue flowers on metallic blue stems, Perfect for insects and cut flowers.
- Cut back untidy foliage and stems in spring.
- Propagate by root cuttings, division in spring or seed
- Can suffer from root rot and powdery mildew
- for flower arranging cut before the flowers are fully open
- slugs and snails can be a problem
All orders are picked and despatched on a Tuesday. We use the Royal Mail 1st Class Parcel service to minimise the time plants spend in their packaging. The delivery charge for addresses in the UK is £7.95. Please call us before placing orders for delivery outside of the UK.