- Common name: Sea Holly or blue eryngo
- Soil type: Sand, Loam or chalk moist but well drained
- Flowering time: June-September
- Ultimate height: 0.30m
- Ultimate spread: 0.30m
- Exposure: tolerates exposed sites
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Great cut flower and dries well
Eryngium planum ‘Blue Hobbit’ is a perennial great for the front of the flower beds or for rock gardens . A really hardy plant that suits most conditions, preferring well drained soil. It has branched stems with clusters of 2.5cm silver blue flower heads which the insects love.
- Cut back untidy foliage and stems in spring.
- Propagate by root cuttings, division in spring or seed
- Can suffer from root rot and powdery mildew
- for flower arranging cut before the flowers are fully open
- slugs and snails can be a problem
All orders are picked and despatched on a Tuesday. We use the Royal Mail 1st Class Parcel service to minimise the time plants spend in their packaging. The delivery charge for addresses in the UK is £7.95. Please call us before placing orders for delivery outside of the UK.